Monday, June 2, 2014

From the Vault :: Summer Reads

Every Monday we post a reading/writing-related question for our followers, and at the end of the month, one lucky commenter is selected to choose a title from our Vault. Whatever we have available: ARCs, signed books, awesome new releases... OR the monthly winner may select any one book to be ordered for him/her from the Book Depository

(To enter, follow YA Confidential and make sure your email address is linked to your comment in some way. We'll need to get in touch with you if you win.)

Today's Question: What's your favorite beach/sunny day read? 

Matt - Beaches make me think about sand. Sand makes me think about digging. I'll say HOLES by Louis Sachar, and ROTTERS, by Daniel Kraus.

Sarah - Honestly, whatever I'm reading at the time. I don't really have a sunny day read, which is weird because I definitely have winter reads. I guess I'd prefer to read something lighter in the summer, but also I pretty much just go through my TBR pile until I find something I'm in the mood for.

AlisonIn the spirit of being lame and weird, my beach day preference is a paperback. Easy to hold and fold back while getting my tan on. J That, and I really don’t care for my precious hard covers to get all sandy! But honestly, I don’t really have a favorite. I just add whatever I’m reading to the beach bag and go. :-)

Tracey - This makes me think of books with beachy and summer settings, which makes me think of one of my all-time favorite contemporary YA series, the Summer trilogy by Jenny Han. What I love so much about the series is that while the first book, THE SUMMER I TURNED PRETTY, was great—really, really great—the next is even better. And the last book of the trilogy is the best. Also, there are cute brothers, a growing-into-her-skin girl, and kissing.

Jaime - My favorite sunny day reads are surprisingly both by Morgan Matson: AMY & ROGER’S EPIC DETOUR (a pretty epic, super swoonworthy road trip read) and SECOND CHANCE SUMMER (heartbreaking, but well worth the read for the way it deals with the topics of love and loss). Basically, I will read anything Morgan Matson puts out based on my love for these two books.

Katy - Totally piggy-backing off of Tracey's and Jaime's responses. Yes, yes, yes to Morgan Matson and Jenny Han! My most recent summer-set read was Kristin Rae's WISH YOU WERE ITALIAN, which I thought was adorable. Who doesn't want to tour Italy with cute boys while eating tons of gelato? 

Your turn! What's your favorite beach/sunny day read?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved